Wednesday, May 7, 2014

And the planning begins...

Once we FINALLY set a date and booked the venue, I jumped head first into planning.  I knew the colors that I wanted to incorporate and I knew somewhat of a theme... 





But, we had even tossed back and forth the idea of eloping and having a lovely ceremony on the beach somewhere with just he and I present.  The Keys maybe... Turks and Caicos... No friends... No wedding party... Just us.

I also had already purchased my lovely ivory Maggie Sottero dream dress, which probably wouldn't fit so well inside ANY travel luggage anyway.  Besides, I got the dress to wear with my great grandmother's pearl necklace that was passed down to me.  I had to wear it in front of the whole family then... So, what's any good southern girl to do?

START PLANNING ASAP!


The next weekend after setting the date (10.25.14) and the venue, I went to Hobby Lobby (LOVE that store!) to start getting ideas.  (Never mind my 500+ pins on my Pinterest board).   After being inspired by Blake Shelton's cotton boutonniere, I decided to incorporate cotton and go with a very Southern themed wedding.
   


Within the first couple of weeks of planning (in February 2014), we had already booked and decided on:


  • The Catering - BBQ
  • The cakes - My mom and other family members
  • Photographer - Coworker who does photography
  • Music - A local radio DJ
  • Wedding Favors
  • Thank you cards
  • Rental company
I also found this AMAZING wedding planner/check list.  I HIGHLY recommend it  to anyone who is planning a wedding!




My plan was to get as much stuff out of the way as early as I can, to avoid stress....

Boy was I wrong...

I think I'm only prolonged my stress and anxiety!

No comments:

Post a Comment