Thursday, May 19, 2016

Mom's Kate Spade Inspired 60th Birthday Party


  


This May was my mom's 60th birthday and I knew that I wanted to make it super special for her.   I wanted to attempt to throw her a surprise party.  However, she and I are super close and I thought that there was NO way possible that I could actually pull that off!  I wanted to come up with the perfect theme too.  That's when I thought about doing a Kate Spade themed party.

A few years ago, we threw her a cruise ship themed birthday party.  You can find out more about that party by checking out the blog post here.

First things first, I created a board on Pinterest to pin different ideas and recipes.  I created it as a private board though, since I was throwing her a surprise party.  (I've changed the settings now.  So, feel free to check out the board if you want!)

Then, I created the invitations.  A lot of Kate Spade themed things have black and white stripes.  Like so:





But, I love the look of navy and white stripes  and came up with this design.  Blue is her favorite color and I also had a lot of navy blue things left from our wedding.  ;)




I just loved how the invitations turned out!  (I've obviously removed some of the information from the invitations before I added it to this blog.)  I created the invitations in Photoshop and found the precious downloadable flowers on Pinterest.  Here's the link to download these pretties for yourself - http://dlolleyshelp.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-watercolor-flowers.html

After the invitations went out, I knew that I wanted to stay with that same color scheme and theme. (Ha! That rhymes!)  

Here's a taste of the inspiration that I had for the party - 













The day of the party, she still had no clue!  Thank goodness!  She was very surprised that we had pulled this off for her.  






Bucket of napkin flower buds. 

I literally think this is one of the cutest napkin ideas ever!  I found the idea here and just had to try it.  It is SO easy.  Simply use a decorative bucket or bowl.  Roll the napkins and tuck them in the bucket and then stick fake greenery behind the napkins.  Easy and totally precious!  








I wish I had taken more pictures with my actual camera instead of my phone, but I didn't have time while all of the festivities were happening.  Thank goodness my sweet aunt captured most of these during the party.  


I also should have taken pictures of the food.  However, I did snap these while I was cooking and thought I would give you the recipes for an easy caprese salad and my aunt's broccoli salad. 


Easy Caprese Salad





Broccoli Salad






No comments:

Post a Comment