Tuesday, December 6, 2016

DIY Flocked Wreath





I am totally loving the look of all of these flocked Christmas trees and wreaths this year!  So, I decided to create flocked wreath for my front door.

I went to Hobby Lobby to buy the supplies that I needed for the wreath, including the flock spray.  I already had the plaid ribbon that I used for the bow, seen in my mirror post here.

This is the greenery wreath that I used.  I got it at Hobby Lobby, for only $5!


Here is the snow/flock spray that I used.  It was only $2.50 after the 50% off all of the Christmas items at Hobby Lobby.





I took the wreath outside to spray it and held the sprayer closer and farther away as I moved across the entire wreath.  I didn't want the wreath to be completely white.  I just wanted it to look like it had a dusting of snow on it.  

Here's what it looked like after I finished spraying it.





When I finished spraying the wreath, I let it dry for about 40 minutes.  It will still come off all over everything, so be careful!  

Then, I decided to make another bow, like the one I created for my dining room.  

Check out this blog post for the video that I used to make the bow.





Here's how the wreath looked before I hung it on my front door.




Here's the finished product.  I love how it turned out!  I can't wait to start flocking other Christmas projects now!  






No comments:

Post a Comment