Wednesday, July 1, 2015

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done.  Then, you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  - Philippians 4:6-7.


For years, I had this verse taped to the bottom of my computer screen at work.  This verse has gotten me through a lot in the past several years...  Dad's emergency open heart surgery, grad school, losing jobs, mom's colon cancer, and the death of my cousin.  When I was asked to speak at his funeral, I knew that this verse needed to be included in whatever the Lord put on my heart to say.  

When we were in the process of construction on our home, I knew that I wanted to write this verse somewhere on the wood, before the sheet rock was installed.  So, my husband and I decided to compile a list of verses that we wanted to write throughout the house. 












 

We wanted this as a reminder that the foundation of our house was the Lord.  If it wasn't for God, we wouldn't be here, and we wouldn't have been blessed to build this home and our relationship through Him.  

1 comment: