Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Where I create



Most of my jewelry photos are taken right here in my home office, on a drawing table that my parents bought for me when I started in the Fine Arts Department at Greenville Tech in 2004.  This table and I have been through a lot together!  The x acto knife cuts, pencil marks, and charcoal stains, all tell a story.  I usually Photoshop out most of the markings on this white table when I'm adding them to Etsy, but sometimes I can't help thinking back to where all of those imperfections came from.

The projects that happened here.  The hard work.  The sleepless nights. The frustrations.  The heartache.  The cuts.  The excitement of winning awards and juried shows. The support from my family and friends.  Feeling proud of myself.

Each one of those imperfections and accomplishments helped shape who I am.  Starting school and not knowing what I wanted to do for the rest of my life was hard!  I think we all go through the "Oh crap! What the heck am I doing?" phase.  I changed my major numerous times and finally chose a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Business.  Then, I missed going to school so much, I decided to get a Master of Science in Management.

We all have imperfections just like this table, and sometimes we can try to "Photoshop" them out, but those things make us who we are!  So, hang in there my friends!  Keep creating.  Keep being and doing the best that you can.  


No comments:

Post a Comment